Spotlight Bank of the Week is a new feature that we are adding to our website and e-newsletter. It is an opportunity to promote anything about your organization, such as fun facts, organization news, special events, etc. The Spotlight Bank of the Week will be featured on our homepage slider, e-newsletter, and our social media platforms. To apply, just fill out our registration form and email it to Natalie Rowan at email@example.com.
This opportunity is for member banks only. If you are not a member bank and wish to inquire about being our Spotlight Bank of the Week, please contact Linda Gregware at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (518) 436-4646.
The Bank of Richmondville was started in 1881 as a privately-owned bank, established by Judge John Westover and Mr. James Foster. The bank was initially located on the present site of the Richmondville Post Office, across the street from its present Richmondville Office.
In March of 1884, the firm of John Westover and James Foster added John R. Becker to the partnership.
In December of 1893, the Bank of Richmondville was established as a state chartered bank. Stockholders elected William E. Lewis, James H. Brown, A.D. Frasier, M.W. Harroway, Milo N. Bradley, H.S. Lewis and John Holmes as the first Board of Directors.
During its 125 year service as a locally owned, independent, community bank, its history has included only six Presidents. Mr. A.D. Foster served as its first President from 1893 to 1926. The second President, succeeding Mr. Frasier, was Mr. John D. Holmes. Mr. Holmes (who became a director in January of 1907) served in that office from 1926 to 1967. Mr. Holmes’ nephew, Chauncey H. Winters, served as the third President of the bank from 1967 to 1978. Mr. Winters was followed by the fourth President, Mr. Maurice J. Sperbeck, from 1978 until his retirement in December of 1992. The fifth President of the bank, Mr. Peter L. Randall, held that position from January 1993 through September of 1995. Randy L. Crasper was named President in January 1996.
The bank’s home office is located at 284 Main St. in Richmondville, a location utilized by the community for hometown banking services for decades.
In September of 1982, the Bank of Richmondville opened an office located at 857 East Main St. in Cobleskill. This office eventually became the main office and operations center.
On October 19, 1998 the Bank opened a branch office at 428 Main St. in Schoharie, New York.
The Board of Directors, numbering seven, are members of the community and committed to principles and operation of the bank as an independent community bank.
The bank is governed by regulations issued by the New York State Banking Department and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation.
The bank continues in its efforts to serve the area as an independent commercial bank and to maintain its position as the area’s “Hometown Banking Tradition” as it has since 1893.
Celebrating 125 years!
For more information, visit our website at www.bankrich.com or call us at (518) 234-4397.