Washington D.C. (Oct. 10, 2018) — The Independent Community Bankers of America® (ICBA) today congratulated the community bankers who have been named to serve on the FDIC Advisory Committee on Community Banking. The committee was established in 2009 to provide advice and recommendations to the FDIC on community bank policy and regulatory matters.
“ICBA applauds and congratulates these community bankers on their selection to serve on the FDIC Advisory Committee on Community Banking,” ICBA President and CEO Rebeca Romero Rainey said. “They join other well-respected industry leaders and will provide valuable insights on the issues facing community bankers today. We thank these dedicated community bankers for their service.”
The new members are:
- Fred DeBiasi, President & CEO, American Savings Bank, Middletown, Ohio
- Christopher Donnelly, President & CEO, Bank of the Prairie, Olathe, Kan.
- James J. Edwards, Jr., CEO, United Bank, Zebulon, Ga.
- Kenneth Kelly, Chairman & CEO, First Independence Bank, Detroit, Mich.
- Alan Shettlesworth, President & COO, Main Bank, Albuquerque, N.M.
- Louise Walker, President & CEO, First Northern Bank, Dixon, Calif.
- Len E. Williams, President & CEO, People’s Utah Bancorp & CEO, People’s Intermountain Bank, American Fork, Utah
They will join the following individuals already serving on the committee:
- Asif Dakri, Vice Chairman & CEO, Wallis State Bank, Houston, Texas
- Christopher W. Emmons, CEO, Gorham Savings Bank, Gorham, Maine
- David J. Hanrahan, Sr., President & CEO, Capital Bank of New Jersey, Vineland, N.J.
- Jack A. Hartings, President & CEO, The Peoples Bank Co., Coldwater, Ohio
- Danny J. Kelly, President & CEO, The Hometown Bank of Alabama, Oneonta, Ala.
- Arvind A. Menon, President & CEO, Meadows Bank, Las Vegas, Nev.
- Tiffany Baer Paine, President & CEO, Security Bank USA, Bemidji, Minn.
- Mary Ann Scully, Chairman & CEO, Howard Bank, Baltimore, Md.
- Gwen M. Thompson, President & CEO, Clover Community Bank, Clover, S.C.
- John M. Tolomer, President & CEO, The Westchester Bank, Yonkers, N.Y.
- Joseph W. Turner, President & CEO, Great Southern Bank, Springfield, Mo.
ICBA strongly supports the existence of the FDIC’s Advisory Committee on Community Banking as well as other regulatory councils dedicated to community banks. Community banker participation is essential to ensure community banking views are considered by a variety of key policy bodies.