Position: Commercial Loan Credit Analyst
Reports To: Chief Credit Officer
Location: Main Office (3-7 Reed Street, Coxsackie, NY)
About National Bank of Coxsackie:
National Bank of Coxsackie is an 8-branch community Bank that has been in existence since 1852. They provide their employees with competitive salaries, 401K benefits, health and dental insurance options, and so much more. NBC is looking for individuals that are hardworking and believe in teamwork.
As a Commercial Loan Credit Analyst, you will assist with managing credit risk and loan quality of all commercial lending functions. You will also be responsible for developing background information on borrowers, analyzing financial statements, developing and analyzing cash flow information and preparing credit proposals. You will participate in joint customer calls and assist loan officers in conducting site inspections when needed.
- Ensure compliance with bank policies and procedures
- Analyze credit data and financial statements to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money
- Obtain and analyze all necessary financial data
- Perform written analysis of new loan applications to measure financial strengths and weaknesses of borrowers and guarantors, collateral adequacy and general credit worthiness
- Communicate with credit applicants to develop information concerning their business needs and earnings to determine whether a loan may be an acceptable risk
- Identify opportunities to refer customers and potential customers to other departments to provide services that meet their needs
- Properly structure transactions to mitigate unnecessary risks
- Coordinate the ordering of documents and help document loans to evidence debt and to ensure perfection of the Bank’s security interest in compliance with regulatory and legal requirements
- Remain current on changes in economic and market conditions that might affect credit risk
- Backup to lenders as needed
- Analysis of municipal bonds
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years’ commercial credit underwriting experience
- College degree in finance or related field
- Strong computer skills
- Must possess excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses
- Capacity to work independently and within a team
- Aptitude to assume responsibility and accountability for decision making
- Perform multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Reliable, accurate and detailed
Fairport Savings Bank is more than a great place to work—it’s an opportunity to be part of a family! As part of the FSB family, employees receive competitive wages and excellent benefits, plus plenty of opportunity for growth.
If you are an experienced Mortgage Loan Officer who shares a passion for customer service, hard work and community involvement, we’d like to meet you! Our MLOs provide exceptional customer service and build positive relationships in order to recommend appropriate products and services. They project a positive and professional image of Fairport Savings Bank and our role in the community, acting as advocates of the Bank’s Core Values. Preferred applicants will have mortgage origination experience with established referral sources, a thorough understanding of the credit application process, familiarity with underwriting criteria and guidelines, excellent communication skills & the ability to maintain confidentiality, flexibility & problem solving skills, and computer literacy.
We have openings in Buffalo and Rochester. Interested applicants are asked to apply online at www.fairportsavingsbank.com, or to email their resume to email@example.com, or to mail a resume to the Human Resources Manager, Fairport Savings Bank, 45 South Main Street, Fairport, NY 14450.
We look forward to hearing from you!